Monday 3 March 2014

Dene Croft


Within the walls of his studio in North Vancouver, Dene Croft immerses himself in his world of "film noir" inspired narratives, urban landscapes and his love of teaching.

"I've always believed that by the time you turn professional as an artist you are a thousand influences deep. My great influences are Tamara De Lempicka and Edward Hopper and with endless respect and admiration for the ground that they broke for future painters, I pay homage to them daily in my own work, while constantly pressing forward with my own sense of aesthetic and story telling."

"My figurative paintings often reflect a bit of film noir "kitsch"- narrative paintings that leave the viewer writing the end of the story."


"Painting has become both a great passion and a blessed curse for me; I love what I do and I love to infuse my passion for my art in others and with that, my studio has become a hive of creativity in the mentoring of other artists, and marries my passion for what I do as an artist and my love of people through my teaching".





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog