Thursday 13 February 2014

Coloured pencils tips and tricks


What a stunning drawing I found blousing the internet!

When using any coloured medium, you should ALWAYS mix colours.  Coloured pencils are no different.  For example, if you are drawing grass, do not just grab that manufactured green.  Instead, use blue and yellow, and green.  
                                                                                     
If you like to outline, wait and do it when you are finished drawing the object.  Coloured pencils can overlap themselves very easily, enabling you to outline objects last. (Do not use black to outline)                    
                                  
Coloured Pencils are a medium that demands time.  You must work deliberately.  It takes time to create a well-drawn coloured pencil image.

By taking a white coloured pencil or a colourless blender, you can smooth the colours and values out to make a consistent texture and solid finish.

3 comments:

  1. How funny that I would see this tonight. Before I left for work I just had to do some drawing, and while I have paints and brushes at the place I stay on the weekends I could not find a single pencil, except for a new pack of colored pencils I bought many years ago. I guess I'm a bit prejudiced against colored pencils because my attitude was, "well, I guess I can use these!" Anyway, Evette, thank you for sharing this. Beautiful work, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edgar!! Do you want to share your drawing with us? We would love to see it!

      Delete
    2. https://plus.google.com/u/0/104235745041473291889/posts

      Delete

Search This Blog